THE PATRON LOOKS
Take it from the stylish people over at Red Clay Soul. They have established a few rule of thumbs that everyone should observe. You can find everything below and the rest of their article here!
1. WHITE VISOR FROM STATE TRADITIONS: The white tour visor is the ultimate power move, especially as a patron. Go with something unique, like your state from State Traditions, or one from a club. Make sure you’ve worn it before. You don’t want it to look like you were saving it.
2. PALMER PULLOVER FROM ONWARD RESERVE: It’s usually pretty chilly in the morning, so a pullover is a good idea. Ditch it as soon as it hits 10AM, or after you walk up #10 to the clubhouse…whichever comes first.
3. OAKLEY FROGSKINS: Sunglasses are a must. Be cool.
4. SUGARLOAF PIMENTO LOAFWICH ROPE HAT: The only ‘see and be seen’ part of The Masters I enjoy is sporting something unique
5. PERSOL PO3108 SUNGLASSES: It’s hard to beat the timeless style of Persol. They do it right. The polarized lenses are great for a long day in the gallery. You may want to add a SLIP LANYARD for when enjoying a little shade.
6. PENFIELD BARNES WINDBREAKER: A windbreaker is a good idea if the weather is suspect. Deep pockets are excellent for pack-muling twelve pimento cheese sandwiches to #16 cause hands are for beers. Pockets are for sammies.
7. CHAPMAN SHIRT FROM HOLDERNESS & BOURNE: A crisp, white golf shirt is always in season. Do it right with the Holderness & Bourne options. Let your belt (#8 or #13) do the talking, and pair it with some fun shorts (#10).
8. DECO PALM NEEDLEPOINT BELT FROM MATTHIAS KAUPERMANN: The MK belts are seriously cool, and will dress up your look. The green is an excellent shade, and a sterling buckle makes it top tier.
9. THE HARVEY STRIPE PLAYER’S SHIRT FROM CRIQUET: Start tucked in and let it loose during the back nine (beers). Criquet is a style all it’s own, and should be celebrated in Augusta. This is stylistic tribute to Arnie’s Army. Hat’s off, folks.
10. SID MASHBURN LIGHTWEIGHT TWILL SHORTS: The Sid shorts are as good as it gets, and it’s hard to find an argument against these in ‘Mint’. It’s like they were made for The Masters.
11. PATAGONIA STAND UP SHORTS: Built for walking, and tough enough to handle anything thrown at them. Big pockets will hold everything you need, and more. Go 7″ inseam if you’re driving, and 5″ if you’re not.
12. BILL HORSE BIT DRIVING LOAFERS FROM MARTIN DINGMAN: Drivers are doable at The Masters, and give your outfit a very Berkmans look. Keep in mind that you are walking around a golf course all day, so these Dingmans with a full rubber bottom will keep your feet dry and your style high.
13. ESQUEL BELT FROM LA MATERA: Green is good. Be the guy who shows a little waist flare.
14. NEW BALANCE 993S: In all the times I’ve been to Augusta, I’ve always worn my New Balance. For me, it’s so much walking, it only makes sense to treat my feet well. Come on, they are the iconic 993s. If it ain’t broke…
15. ZILKER BELTS ‘SAVE MUNY’ BELT: Perfect colors for this time of year. It says ‘I want to party at Augusta, but I care about the Muni’…20% of the proceeds from this belt go to Save Muni. See, you’re helping.
Taken from their blog at: http://www.redclaysoul.com/masters-style-the-patron-looks/